Mitsubishi Fuso today launched two, key new products for the Thailand market. The FV heavy-duty truck-tractor, a 6×4 vehicle with gross combination weight (gcw) of 50.5 tons, is designed to deliver high levels of economy, safety and comfort in towing heavy loads. The FM medium-duty truck, with 15-ton gross vehicle weight (gvw), delivers significant advantages in efficiency, performance and safety, while featuring a dramatic and highly functional design.
The new products for the Thailand market were unveiled at customer, dealer and press events held today in Bangkok.
Kai- Uwe Seidenfuss, Vice President of International Sales & Service for Mitsubishi Fuso Truck and Bus Corporation (MFTBC), said, “The launch of the FV heavy-duty truck-tractor and the FV medium-duty truck signal our further commitment to our Thailand customers. Together, these products bring a collection of innovations and new benefits to commercial vehicle operators in Thailand. We look forward to growing our business in Thailand, enhancing our dealer network, and continuing to help our customers be more successful in their businesses.”
Though the first half of 2007, Mitsubishi Fuso sales in Thailand have increased about 6% (year over year) to 1,236 units for the period January through June 2007. (Numbers are MFTT wholesales).
MFTBC’s subsidiary in Thailand is Mitsubishi Fuso Truck (Thailand) Co. Ltd (MFTT). MFTT offers a full range of commercial vehicles from 3.5 tons and over for the Thailand market. The company has headquarters in Rangsit and an assembly operation in Lardkrabang, both in the greater Bangkok area.
FV Heavy-Duty Truck Tractor
The FV for Thailand is designed to handle heavy cargo and offer dependable and economical towing capabilities.
Key features include:
- 12.8-liter, 6-cylinder diesel engine with high power output and strong torque (380 hp @2200 rpm, 165 kgm @1200 rpm), meeting Euro 3 emissions standards.
- Full-sized heavy-duty truck cab with associated amenities: wide and comfortable cabin, ergonomic interior, low inside noise and numerous standard interior features.
- Exterior which projects an image of powerful stability, distinguished by a wide bumper and advanced styling.
- Excellent forward visibility due to spacious windshield, large side-view mirrors and projector- type headlamps.
- Safety features including shock-absorbing steering wheel and a driver’s side SRS (supplemental restraint system) air bag.
- Sturdy cab helping to deliver a high safety margin.
- Easy serviceability with a lift-type front panel and hydraulic assist to help the cab tilt 50 degrees.
- High strength frame and durable chassis structure for long term reliability.
- Low overall curb weight and high payload capacity.
FM Medium-Duty Truck
The FM medium-duty truck is intended to deliver efficient performance and safety in a wide range of commercial vehicle applications.
Key features of the new FM medium-duty truck include:
- Sleek, self-assured styling with low profile fascia and flush side panel surfaces.
- A spacious, quiet cab environment that enables maximum driver comfort and productivity.
- Ergonomic enhancements including a wrap-around cockpit for easy access to controls, easy-to-read instrumentation, tilt and telescopic steering, highly adjustable driver’s seat, and increased use of natural materials for an eco-friendly cab environment.
- A panoramic windshield and low side windows contributing to maximum visibility.
- Safety features including a highly rigid cab structure and impact-absorbing steering wheel.
- Powerful and environmentally-friendly, 7.5-liter, in-line six-cylinder diesel engine (240 hp @ 2,600 rpm and 70 kgm @ 1,400 rpm) meeting Euro 3 emissions regulations.
- Higher payload capacities
- Sturdy frame design with clean top-of-frame design to simplify body installation.
Production, Availably and Support
Both new FV and FM are available immediately at Mitsubishi Fuso dealerships in Thailand.
The new FV heavy-duty truck-tractor will be imported from Japan as a CBU (completely-built-up) vehicle. Production occurs at the MFTBC plant in Kawasaki, Japan.
The new FM medium-duty truck will be assembled locally at MFTT’s production facility at Lardkrabang.
Both products will be supported in Thailand by a thorough warranty and comprehensive service commitment.